How to allow or block access to your network in Netgear AX6000 12 stream Router?
The user with the help of the web interface of www.routerlogin.net can perform various functions in their router. One of the basic functions that a user can perform is to allow or block the access of a network in a Netgear Router. This basic function will help the user to keep the nearby users away from accessing their network.
Steps to allow or block the access to your Netgear AX6000 12 stream router
- Open a browser on your mobile device or computer connected to your network.
- Type www.routerlogin.net or 192.168.1.1 on the address bar of the browser. You can type either of them to access the Netgear Router login page.
- Hit Enter and the default page of the Netgear Router appears on the screen.
- Mention username on the first tab and type the password you assigned during the Netgear Router setup process on the password tab. Click on the login button.
- The homepage of Netgear Router appears on the screen.
- Move your cursor to the Advanced tab, Select Security tab, click on the Access Control tab. Access Control page displays on the screen.
- Check the “Turn on Access Control” checkbox. Before setting up an Access rule, you must select this checkbox. In case, the checkbox is cleared all nearby devices will be allowed to connect even if the device is within the block list.
- Select any of the Access Rule, If you choose the first option, then according to that setting if you add a new device on your network it simply will access your network. According to this setting, the user does not need to enter the MAC address while connecting any device to their network.
- If you select the second option, then according to it if you add a new device to the network, you must enter the MAC address for a wired connection. Keep one thing in mind that the access rule does not affect the allowed or previously blocked devices. The rule applies to only those devices which are going to get connected to your network in the future,
- Click on one of the following links to view blocked or allowed devices that are not connected to your network.
- Choose the first option, to view the list of devices that are allowed but not currently connected to your network. Choose the second option to view the list of devices that are being blocked but not currently connected to the network.
- Whichever option you are going to choose, the list of that option is going to display on the screen.
- Click on the Allow button located next to the checkbox of your computer device to continue to access the network through the enabled device that you are currently using.
- After that, click on the Allow button and your settings will get saved.
How to use the Internet Setup Wizard in your Netgear AX6000 12 stream router?
Generally, the users use the Internet Setup Wizard in your Netgear AX6000 12 stream router to detect the Internet settings on your device. This wizard is also utilized to automatically set up the router and is used during the Netgear Router setup method. The method is usually recommended to perform when your computer is connected to the wired connection of the Internet.
How to enable Upstream QoS on your Netgear AX6000 12 stream Router?
Enabling Upstream Quality of Service will enhance the priority level to your streaming and to the applications present on your computer. Most users recommend enabling this feature while operating the Internet on your router. While giving priority to the streaming video, QoS of the router gives low priority to the rest of your traffic. Enabling this feature will enhance the downloading speed of your content that directly improves your Wi-Fi performance. The user can configure the QoS feature through the web interface of www.routerlogin.net.
Steps to enable Upstream QoS on your Netgear AX6000 12 stream router
- First, you need to connect to the homepage of www.routerlogin.net. For that, you need to open up the browser on your computer.
- Type 192.168.1.1 on the address bar of the browser. You also can type www.routerlogin.net to get to the default gateway of your router.
- Press Enter and Netgear Router login page appear on the screen.
- Enter the router username “admin” on the default credential. Fill up the password field with the password, you specified while logging in to the web interface of www.routerlogin.net. Both the credential fields are case-sensitive.
- Now click on the Quality of Service tab. QoS setup page displays on the screen.
- Select the checkbox “Enable Upstream QoS”.
- Now specify the Uplink details. If you know the uplink speed of the Wi-Fi connection, type it down in the uplink field. Also, select the Mbps or Kbps from its menu.
- If you want your device to check the bandwidth, then click on the Test speed button. This feature automatically checks the upload bandwidth of your device. Most of the Experts recommend using this feature to detect the Uplink bandwidth of your Internet.
- Click on the Apply button and the settings will eventually be saved.
- The user can also check the devices attached to the network. Locate the link display on the bottom of that page. Click on that link and Attached Devices page displays on the screen.
How to configure Smart Connect feature in your Netgear AX6000 12 stream router?
Smart Connect feature in Netgear AX6000 12 stream router helps your device to automatically get connected to the fastest frequency band in your router. There is a condition for the Smart Connect feature to work, that both the frequency bands of your device should have the same Network name. In case, if the SSID name of both the Wi-Fi band does not match, the Wi-Fi settings of one band may overwrite to the Wi-Fi settings of other bands. Enabling the Smart Connect feature in your Netgear router does not only optimizes the performance of your router but also saves the quality time of the user. Rather than wasting your time on finding out or changing the frequency band for your router, you can simply enable the Smart Connect feature through the Netgear Router login page.
Steps to enable Smart Connect feature in Netgear AX6000 12 stream router
- Locate a web browser icon on your computer and double click on it.
- As soon as it open, move your cursor to the address bar of your browser.
- Type www.routerlogin.net or you also can type 192.168.1.1 on the web link of your browser. 192.168.1.1 is the LAN IP address of your Netgear Router.
- Press Enter and Netgear Router login screen appears on the screen.
- Fill up the Netgear Router login fields with the correct credentials. Type “admin” on the username tab and mention the password you assigned during the Netgear Router setup, on the password tab.
- Click on the login tab and the basic home page displays on your screen.
- Locate the Wireless tab from the menu dashboard of www.routerlogin.net interface. Select the Wireless tab. Wireless setup page displays on your screen.
- To activate the Smart Connect feature in your, select the “Enable Smart connect” checkbox. Selecting this checkbox will activate the Smart connect feature in your device.
- Click on the Apply button and your setting will get eventually saved.
How to enable or disable AX Wi-Fi in your Netgear AX6000 12 stream Router?
AX Wi-Fi feature improves the performance of your Netgear router by improving the downloading speed, network capacity, uploading speed and Internet range by allowing the traffic of other devices to be managed at that same time. AX Wi-Fi system is already enabled in Netgear AX6000 12 stream router but you can perform any configuration in it through the web interface of www.routerlogin.net.
Steps to enable or disable AX6000 12 stream router
- Launch a browser on your Wi-Fi enabled device connected to the local network.
- Type either 192.168.1.1 or www.routerlogin.net on the web link of your browser. Mostly www.routerlogin.net is used as it is considered as a convenient web link to remember.
- Press enter to get to the Netgear Router login screen.
- Enter the username “admin” as it is the default credential of the Netgear Router login window. Type “password” as the default credential on the password tab. In case you already have assigned the password, type that to reach the basic homepage of the routerlogin.net
- Now, select the “Wireless” tab from the menu dashboard of the homepage of the web interface of your router. The wireless setup page will display on your screen.
- Select the “Enable AX Wi-Fi” checkbox. Your AX Wi-Fi will immediately get activated and clearing this box will turn off this feature.
- As soon as you are done with the desired configuration, click on the Apply button and the settings will get saved according to it.
How to set up a Wi-Fi schedule in your Netgear AX6000 12 stream router?
If the user is strict on his schedule, he can utilize the Wi-Fi schedule feature to automatically turn on and off their Wi-Fi connection. The schedule is based upon the time for which you will keep your Wi-Fi off and for that duration, it will remain off also keeping the nearby users away from your network.
Steps to setup a Wi-Fi schedule in Netgear AX6000 12 stream router.
- Open up a browser on your computer or laptop whatever you are using.
- Type either the LAN IP address or www.routerlogin.net on the address bar of the browser. Press Enter and homepage of the routerlogin.net appears on the screen. The LAN IP address of the Netgear Router is 192.168.1.1.
- Press Enter and Netgear Router login page appear on the screen.
- Type “admin” on the username tab of the Netgear Router login screen and mention “password” on the password tab as a default credential. After mentioning both the credentials in a proper manner, click on the login button.
- The basic Homepage of www.routerlogin.net appears on the screen.
- Select the “Advanced” tab, click on “Advanced setup tab, click on the “Wireless settings” tab. As soon as you click on the “Wireless settings” tab, the page of it displays on your screen.
- Click on the “Add a new period” button to add a Wi-Fi schedule for your router. Use the radio button, menus or checkboxes to set up a time interval during which you want to keep your Wi-Fi turned off.
- Click on the apply button to apply the settings you made.
- Now, to activate the schedule, select “Turn off the wireless signal by schedule” checkbox.
- Click on the Apply settings and your settings will eventually get saved.
How to change the admin password of the web interface of Netgear AX6000 12 stream Router?
Netgear Router login is the prominent page of the web interface of www.routerlogin.net, allowing the entry of users who wants to manage the configurations of your router. Netgear Router login window is comprised of two credentials i.e Username and Password. It is necessary for a user to fulfill both the credentials to get to the homepage of routerlogin.net. The user can change the password of the Netgear Router login page but not the username of it. Every time the user logs in to the web interface of routerlogin.net, he has to type “admin” on the username tab of the Netgear router login window.
Steps to change the admin of the web interface of Netgear AX6000 12 stream Router
- Open a web browser on your computer connected to your local network.
- Now, enter www.routerlogin.net link on the web link of the browser. While getting any hindrance to reaching the Netgear Router login window, you can type “admin” on the username tab and mention “password” on the password tab. In case you already have changed the default password, type that password on the password tab.
- Click on the login button and the home screen of www.routerlogin.net appears on the screen.
- Select the Advanced tab, click on the Administration tab, click on Set password tab.
- Set Password page displays on your screen.
- Mention the old password in the “Old password” field.
- Type the password that you want to set for your Netgear Router login page in the Set password field and repeat it on the Repeat New password field.
- After performing all the settings, click on the Apply button and your settings will eventually get saved.
How to enable a password recovery option in your Netgear AX6000 12 stream router?
The web interface of Netgear Router also facilitates the user to recover the password of their Netgear Router login page in case the user forgets the password. To recover the admin password of Netgear Router, you need to enable its feature through the web interface of www.routerlogin.net. One thing a user has to notice that the password recovery option is approved to Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google chrome but not to the Safari browser. It means that the MAC users can not be able to enable the password recovery option on their device.
Steps to enable password recovery option in your Netgear AX6000 12 stream router
- The first step you need to perform is to open up a browser on your device connected to the Wi-Fi.
- Now, type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar of your browser. Press Enter and the default login page of Netgear Router appears on the screen.
- Type down the username “admin” as a default credential. Mention the password you mention earlier while logging in to the web interface of Netgear Router. Type “password” on the password tab.
- Click on the login tab.
- The menu dashboard of your Netgear router appears on the screen.
- Move your cursor to the Advanced tab, click on the Administration tab then click on the Set password tab. Set password page displays on your screen.
- Select the “Enable Password Recovery” checkbox to enable the feature of Password recovery.
- To enhance the security level, you need to select the two security questions with which, you also need to provide answers to it.
- Click on the Save button to apply the settings you configured.
In the router, The Firmware is the operating software that helps to keep the hardware running of the device on which it is installed. In order to keep the router and its security up to date, we need to update the firmware regularly and for making the users experience more reliable and fluent, Netgear keeps on releasing the updates for Firmware.
Netgear has played a very vital role in order to avail people with one of the best networking hardware all over the world. Their networking hardware is quite user-friendly along with the good enough setup for the hardware’s
NETGEAR always makes it prior to release firmware updates to improve product performance, additional features, and to increase security. If you visit http://routerlogin.net, you might see a pop up at the top of your dashboard stating that new firmware update is available. You can click on the message to check whether new firmware is available and to update your Router.
Why the Firmware update is important?
Firmware update helps us to improve the performance by optimizing the driver and Firmware,
It makes your system more effective and efficient and increases the level of performance and speed.
We can definitely come with the conclusion that regular soft-ware/firmware updates make the system (and processor) run faster and smoother.
Steps To check the available Firmware and updates for your Router:
• Open any of the browsers in from your device that is connected to the Netgear router, also in order to process the update for the firmware please make sure that the device is connected via an Ethernet Cable.
• Type URL www.routerlogin.net in the address bar and press enter.
• You will be redirected to the login page of the router.
• Seems like we are on the login page, further enter the default username and password.
• In most of the cases of Netgear Router, the default username is “admin” and the default password is “password” but please be assured the password and username are case sensitive.
• Once logged in you will find the setup wizard opens on your screen >> Click Advanced >> Click Administration
Note: The label varies from one router to another
• Once done, you will find a pop up for updates regarding Firm-ware update and Router update, also the option may differ for each router models, Click it.
• Further, you need to click on CHECK and if any updates are available for Firmware your router will instantly check the same for you.
• The Setup Wizard will pop the question whether you want to download and install it, click YES.
NOTE: In order to avoid the risk of corrupting the Firmware, Do not create any interruption while the update is in process.
For example, do not close the browser in between, do not click any other link, avoid opening any new page and make sure you do not turn off the Router in any case.
At last, once the Firmware is updated and uploaded your router will restart and the process of updates hardly takes three to five minutes for completing the process.
As per the steps mentioned above you can process the updates on-line.
And in case of manual download firmware and update your device:
- First of all, you need to visit www.netgear.com/support.
- You will find a search box, Kindly type the Model Number in the search box.
- Once searched you will find the drop-down option, you can select your model.
- If you do not find any drop-down option than please be assured that the mentioned model number is correct or else you can also select the product category and browse the same to check the correct product model.
- Click on Firmware and Software Downloads.
- Once clicked, you will see the Current Versions then select the firmware version that you wish to download and then click on the Download button.
- Further, you need to unzip the downloaded file and then run the .exe file.
- At the final step, you have to follow the onscreen instructions in order to update the firmware on your device successfully.
Note: If in case you see any Release Notes link on your screen, then click it to see what was updated on this release.
How much time a Firmware takes to update and the Sengled Smart hub and Smart LEDs/Smart Accessories should be powered on?
Yes, you need to leave the hubs, bulbs and accessories powered on.
Though you can update the bulbs or LED light strips at 0% brightness in the app if you don’t wish to on the lights. Please make sure that you don’t power off the accessories and bulbs in any case.
And the hub will almost take 2-5 minutes to update however it totally depends on the Internet speed you have as it might take longer than this.
Most of the time bulbs take only 1-6 hours to update though in some cases it may happen that it will take up to 12 hours.
If in case you still find that the bulbs are not updated then you on prior you need to check your Internet connections.
How can I set up an automatic firmware update in the middle of the night for my NETGEAR router?
In most of the cases Netgear Routers support automatic Firmware updates, Automatic Firmware updates always make sure that all the required security updates are automatically added to your router in order to increase the security of your home network. Once the automatic process is started it will restart your router and that may lead to disconnection of your internet connections.
Automatic Firmware updates are always scheduled between 1:00 A.M to 4:00 A.M local time and in order to avoid any inconvenience while updating the firmware, you need to set the local time zone in your router so that it can process as per your convenient time with any interruptions.
To set up time zone settings in your NETGEAR router:
- First of all, you need to open any web browser form your mobile or computer, and make sure it is connected to your router’s network.
- Type the URL: www.routerlogin.net and press enter.
- You need to enter the router admin user name and password.
- Password remains the same as the one that was used for the first time if the same has not changed In between.
- Be assured the username and Passwords are cases sensitive
- Access your schedule or NTP settings:
For R7000 or R7000P, select ADVANCED > Security > Schedule.
For XR500, select Settings > Content Filtering > Schedule.
For all other routers, select ADVANCED > Administration > NTP Settings.
- In the Time Zone menu, select your Local time zone.
- Select the time as per the region in which you live and that ob-serves the daylight saving time than you need to select the Automatically to adjust for daylight savings time check box.
- Once done, click on the Apply button and your settings are saved.
What you should follow Before Applying A Firmware Up-date?
In order to process the updates of Firmware, you need to keep some-things in mind so that it becomes easy for you to process the up-dates.
Prior, you need to check the model should be the exact one that you own. If in case you choose the wrong model and start with the process it might brick your device.
In this case, the old firmware will be overwritten by the new operating instructions which are incompatible to your device and that simply means that nothing will work properly.
And to avoid such inconvenience make sure you always check the model number correctly before processing any firmware updates as in case of any wrong details or updates your device will not work and you will face inconvenience due to the same.
What are the ways to find out about the firmware updates?
You can find out about the firmware update with the following ways:
- The first way is to get an update from your manufacturer as they can alert you once the updates are available; you can simply register yourself with them and can fill the registration form that you get with the device. Also, you can process the registration online at your manufacturer’s website. Once done your manufacturer will keep you updated with the new updates.
- Another way is to visit the manufacturer’s website and search for your device or model for checking the list of released firmware updates whether the same is available for your device.
- Now a day’seven social media also plays a very important role in keeping the updates available for the users. You can also join any social media group or automatic update via messages for any updates in the future.
In the case of mobile phones, Firmware update helps to rectify the issues regarding stability and issue related to camera quality, phone calls, Music volume, speakers, helps to improve the performance of music players, etc. You need to check the updates very frequently as the old firmware will slow down the performance of your device.
Andi n case of computers, all the features and performances are improved that includes the performance and speed of CPU and clears the issues related to any interruptions while working.
As a part of the conclusion, make sure to add it in a routine to keep a check on the latest updates and to install them once they are available and ready to update.
This will definitely help you to keep the performance of your system or mobile updated and accurate.