About Nighthawk AX12
Nighthawk AX12 is perfectly designed for enhancing the performance and increase the level of networking in your office. This is the model of router that is most recommended in order to get the finest networking. This router is available with both wired and wireless connectivity, it consists of four Gigabit Ethernet ports that are usable for wired connections and for internet connections it has fifth WAN port. If you wish to connect your hard drive for your shared network storage then this router also consists of two USB 3.0 ports.
Specification for Nighthawk AX12
· WiFi Technology
- 2.4GHz AX: 4×4 (Tx/Rx) 1024 QAM 20/40MHz, up to
- Backwards are compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi
- 802.11ax Dual Band WiFi (AX6000)
- 5GHz AX: 8×8 (Tx/Rx) 1024 QAM 20/40/80/80+80MHz, up to 4.8Gbps
· WiFi Performance is available with:
- AX6000 WiFi
· WiFi Rangers suitable for Very large homes
· WiFi-Band has Simultaneous dual-band 2.4 & 5GHz
· Beamforming+ — Enhance speed, reliability, and range of WiFi Connections for 2.4 and 5GHz
· Contains Number of Ethernet Ports
- Five (5) 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 1 WAN & 4 LAN
- Dual Gigabit Ethernet Port Aggregation
- 5G/2.5G/1G Multi-Gig Ethernet LAN port
· IT has Two (2) USB 3.0 ports
· Prepared with the Processor AX Optimized powerful 64bit quad-core 2.2GHz processor
· Key Features
- Strong and stable Wi-Fi 6 router with the
next-gen AX WiFi – The New Standard of WiFi
- 12-Stream WiFi – Faster and finest network speeds to each connected device
- OFDMA —Improved capacity and work efﬁciency
- 1024-QAM—25% data efﬁciency and faster speeds than a 256-QAM router
- UpdatedWiFi Protected Access® (WPA3)
- Guest network access—Independent& secure
- VPN Support—Secure and safe access to your home network away from home
- Regular and automatic ﬁrmware update delivers updated security patches to the router
· Physical Specifications:
- Dimensions: 12.2 x 7.48 x 1.77 in (310 x
190 x 45 mm)
- Weight: 3 lbs (1364g)
· Package Contents
- Nighthawk AX12/12-stream AX6000 WiFi Router
- Consist of Ethernet cable
- Easy and adaptable start guide
- Power adapter
· System Requirements
- Microsoft® Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista®, XP®, 2000, Mac OS®, UNIX®, or Linux®
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 11 or higher, Microsoft Edge,
- Google Chrome™ 55 or higher, Firefox® 45 or higher, Safari® 10 or higher
The setup of your router will not take more than 5-7 minutes; you just need to follow a few steps in order to process the setup.
- At first, you are available with the antennas; you need to connect the same to your router.
- In your router, your modem should be connected to the Internet port.
- Now switch on the router and wait for the LED to blink.
- You need to visit a play store or app store on your mobile phone or any of the devices you are using like Android or iOS.
- Now search for Netgear Nighthawk Application and download the same.
- Once done, open the application.
- And at last in order to set up the application, you will see the setup instructions on your screen, you just need to follow the same and process the setup for Netgear Nighthawk AX12 smart WiFi router.
Steps to login in Nighthawk AX12
- Starting with the login procedure you need to connect your computer to the Netgear Router.
- Then Open any of the Web Browsers.
- And type the Web Address routerlogin.net or routerlogin.net; also you have an option to access the IP address as 192.168.1.1 instead of using the web URL, as this will be equally helpful in redirecting you to the login page.
- You will see the pop up to enter the username and password in the fields. You need to enter the default login details in the same.
- Be assured your username and password are case sensitive.
- Once done click on Log in.
NOTE: If in case you face issues while using default login details then there must be changes that your admin password has been changed earlier and if you are unable to recognize then you need to initiate a factory reset for your router that will help you to restore your default settings.
How to update Firmware:
Upgrading a Firmware for your routers play a very important role as they are the prior player for any of your routers. This is helpful in increasing the capacity of your routers as well as the more appropriate performance.
In order to process the up-gradation of your firmware, you just need to login to your router with the help of URL routerlogin.net and enter the default login credentials or else it can be the one you have changed earlier.
Now you need to click on advanced and then Administration and you will see the option to click on Netgear firmware update or Netgear security update. You need to click YES if you wish to process the updates further. This process will last in 5 minutes and your router will be restarted automatically once the updates are completed.
Troubleshooting Nighthawk AX12
Sometimes we might face issues while accessing the web URL routerlogin.net however not to worry there are quite minor things that can be the reason and in order to rectify the same you can follow some of the tricks mentioned below:
- You need to check the Ethernet cable attached, whether the same is plugged in properly or not as it may not work if it loses and if you are available with some other Ethernet cable then you can change the new cable.
- Make sure the Web URL is correct, as in case of any wrong spelling it will reflect you the error.
- As you need to type the web URL as routerlogin.net
- Firmware updates are the major part of your routers, you need to be very sure that you don’t lack behind in order to keep an update regularly for the firmware.
- You can also clear the cache memory of your system and try browsing again.
- Or you can try and change the browser; if you are using Google chrome currently then you can use any other browser for example Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.
- Your Internet Connections should be appropriate, as this will also create a problem while accessing the login page.
- Your login credentials should be correct, if in case you find that your default login credentials are not working then there is a possibility that the password has been changed earlier.
- However, if you are unable to recall the credentials still, then you need to process for the factory reset further as that is the way you can get back to your default login settings.
How to change the password for Netgear Nighthawk AX12:
- At first, start a browser on your computer that must be connected to your router.
- Then access the URL routerlogin.net and log in the portal with the default login credentials.
- Once logged in you need to click on settings>> then click Administration>> and move towards set password.
- You will see the option to enter the new password and then reenter the new password and click on Apply.
At last your process for password Reset will complete and whenever you wish to login again make sure you access your login page with the new password only in order to avoid any inconvenience.