We all are very well known with the most suggested and high technology brand that is Netgear. Each and every time they come ahead with more superior and updated technologies for everyone and without any doubt…. no one can neglect the fact that their routers are proven to be the finest and most recommended routers among all of us.
Introducing the model of Netgear with highly stable and standardized feature and that is Netgear Nighthawk AX8. This router model is available with a steady and high speed of Wi-Fi 802.11ax standard. This router is capable of providing the speed of 6Gbps data 1.2 + 4.8Gbps with 8 stream connectivity.
Comparing with the previous routers and models this model is available with an 8-Stream AX6000 WI-Fi router that consists of Wi-Fi 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) standard and they can up to 4x more data capacity.
Specification for Netgear Nighthawk AX8
- 12-Stream WI-Fi router supports 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) standard.
- Offers united WiFi Speed till 6GB
- It has Simultaneous dual-band 2.4 & 5GHz
- 2.4GHz AX: 4×4 [Tx/Rx] 1024 QAM 20/40MHz, up to 1.2Gbps
- 5.0GHz AX: 8×8 [Tx/Rx] 1024 QAM 20/40/80/80+80MHz, up to 4.8Gbps
- Backwards adaptable with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi
- Available with High range with the access of 8 high-performance antennas
To set up your NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Mesh Extender using the Nighthawk app:
- In order to process with the primary setup, make sure your routers and your extender should be in the same location and once the setup is completed you are free to shift your extender to any new location or place you wish to.
- Now you need to attach the power adapter with any wall outlet and associate the power adapter to your extender.
- Stay on hold to let the power LED start reflecting as Green.
- You need to click on the Power ON/OFF button if you are unable to see the power LED changes in green.
- Further, go to the WiFi connection manager on your mobile device.
- You will see the extender network called NETGEAR_EXT, kindly connect.
- Now open the Nighthawk App.
- Once you have opened the app you need to go through the steps in order to connect your extender to the router’s Wi-Fi network.
- At last, you are free to shift your extender to any other location where you wish to. Just let your setup to be completed successfully.
Firmware update for Nighthawk AX8
If you facing issues regarding slow speed, not so impressive performance with your routers then there is a possibility that your router is requesting you to update the firmware…In order to process the updates of firmware we have mention some of the steps below:
- Visit the Netgear center in order to download the latest version of the firmware update.
- Once you are on Netgear center search for your model number
- And process the downloading process further.
- Make sure your computer system is connected with Ethernet cable.
- Further, you need to launch a web browser and hit the URL routerlogin.net.
- You just need to follow the login procedure with the help of using login details.
- Now Click on Advanced >> Administration>> Click on Firmware update.
- You will find the option to upload the downloaded file for firmware updates.
- Once uploaded, let it complete…do not close or interrupt the process as that may lead to failure of firmware update.
The process to login in Nighthawk AX8
If we talk about the process of login, it is quite simple and easier access, you just need to follow the few steps, same areas:
- Be assured that your computer must be connected to the router.
- Further launch any of the Web browsers that can be Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc. it’s all up to you.
- Further, you need to write down the URL routerlogin.net in the web address of your browser and then press ENTER.
- You will be immediately taken to the login page where you will see 2 columns on your screen for login. One will be for Username and the second one will be for Password.
- You just need to be available with the default login credentials that are required to be filled up in the fields given.
- However if the password is already changed earlier that do not try to login with the default password as that will not let you enter the login page, it will keep on showing the error.
NOTE: if in case you are unable to remember the password that you have already changed then you can process further for changing the settings back to the default one with the help factory reset option.
- Once the credentials are filled up successfully you can simply move ahead to access the login portal of your router.
Procedure to troubleshoot:
If you are facing issues with your routers then there are some tips that you can follow that will surely help you to come out of the trouble you are facing and some of them are as below:
You may face issues while accessing the web URL routerlogin.net and in such cases, you can check some of the basic things at your end and take some required steps in order to rectify the same like:
- You can check the power light, it will blink red off there will be any issues and in this case, your prior step should be to check your power connections.
- If you find variations in power light then prefer to switch on or off the power connections once and then check your cable connectivity as well.
- Be very sure about the web URL you are writing, as the wrong address will surely not going to help you in reaching the required destination.
- Sometimes your issues are related to the browser you are using and in this type of case, you can preferably move for clearing the cache memory of your system.
- You must restart your computers if you are unable to find any signs regarding internet connections.
- Your login credentials should be correct, as incorrect will not allow you to enter the portal.
- And apart from this you also have an option of access the IP address instead of using web URL, as that plays an equal role in order to login to the portal.
Procedure to change the password for Nighthawk AX8
We all keep the security for anything on priority, here at the same time changing the passwords once the setup is complete, must be an equal priority and in order make changes in the password you can follow the steps given below:
- The procedure of changing the password is quite simple and it will just take 2-3 minutes of yours.
- You just need to open any of the web browsers and start typing the web URL routerlogin.net in the address bar.
- Once you are redirected to the login screen enter the login details that contain username and password.
- Here we are on login portal and now home page you need to select the option ADVANCED >move towards Administration > and then ready to Set Password
- Now enter your old password first and then type the new password that you wish to set up two times.
- Be assured that the password you type should be strong and easy to remember only for you.
- In order to keep the option to recover the password, you can enable the option Password Recovery.
- At last click on APPLY and your password will reset successfully and for next login keep the new password on your tip and login with the new password only as default one will not work further.