Netgear Nighthawk r7000 is helpful in making your connectivity for the Internet in a wireless form so that users can enjoy extreme and stable connections; these routers are available with a wide range for 5GHz band and number of advanced features. It includes the rapid available WiFi speeds of 802.11ac/ad. High-end processors to improve the performance, This router is considered to be the finest routers from Netgear that they have launched so far and the access of these routers are only possible once you have completed the setup and in order to initiate the setup further you need to follow some of the steps given below:
First of all, we will see the packaging and the things that this packing contains:
· Power adapter
· Nighthawk router
· 3 Antennas
· Ethernet cable
Now we will see the steps to initiate the setup further:
- You need to take out the caps from every antenna and attach these antennas at the back of your router
- Then plug out the modem and power off.
NOTE: if you have available battery backup than you are free to take the battery out from your device.
- Your Ethernet cable is required to be connected at the yellow port of your router.
- And another end of Ethernet cable is required to be attached to the modem,
- You need to turn on the modem, kindly plug in the same,
- Now hit the power button on the router and turn the router on.
- Stand by till the power light reflects as solid white.
- Connect the router’s WiFi network with the device you are accessing.
- And here you need to start with any of the browsers from your device.
- Enter the web URL routerlogin.net and press Enter.
- You will see the pop up asking you for the login and you need to access the default login credentials in order to login to the setup portal.
- Your default username and password is Username is admin and password is password.
- You will be able to see the setup instructions on the window once you are logged in, you need to follow the same in order to process the setup further.
How Can I change my Network name?
Once your setup is complete you are free to make any changes to the router’s settings, SSID, You can create guest networks and many more things.
- So moving towards the modification, you need to connect the device you are using to the router’s WiFi network.
- In the web browser, you need to enter the URL as routerlogin.net and click on enter.
- Type the username and password in the options given.
- Here you need to Go to Advanced > Then click on Administration > Further click on Set Password to modify the admin credentials such as username and password.
Steps to create Guest networks areas:
This access to create the guest network is for such situations where you need to allow any other user to access your Internet connections. This authority to create guest networks is quite reliable and secure to access as this doesn’t interrupt your privacy and security.
- When you are logged in to the login portal you will see the option of Guest Networks on the home page itself.
- You need to click on Enable Guest Network and type the name for the guest network.
- Now select the security type and type the password you wish to update. This option is not compulsory as this is optional, you can also let space be none if you don’t wish to update any password.
- Click on Apply to let the changes come into existence.
How Can I reset my Netgear Nighthawk r7000?
If you wish to initiate for resetting the Netgear Nighthawk r7000 then you can follow the steps given below;
- With the help of a Paper clip or any other object that is related to the same, keep holding the Reset button that is located at the backside of the router.
- Once you will see the power light reflecting as orange then leave the Reset button.
- Now stay on hold till the time your router reboot automatically and the power light start reflecting as solid white.
Once you will see the light blinking as solid white that means your router has been reset successfully.