New firmware updates are regularly released for all the routers by Netgear to improve its performance and the addition of new router features. It is possible to perform Nighthawk XR500 firmware update manually or automatically through routerlogin.net access from the web browser of your computer device that is connected to the router’s wired cable connection for a safe firmware update. Also, you can update the Nighthawk XR500 router firmware using the Nighthawk app which does not require routerlogin.net access.
For updating your Nighthawk XR500 router’s firmware using the Nighthawk app follow the steps here:
Note: you must download the Nighthawk app available for your Android or iOS mobile device and install it for quick access to the Netgear router’s dashboard for Netgear router setup, Netgear router login, Netgear router configuration, updating the Netgear router’s firmware manually or automatically and to do much more without any need of accessing the web browser for routerlogin.net.
- Connect your mobile device to your Nighthawk XR500 gaming router’s wireless network through wireless network name SSID and wireless network password.
- Launch the Nighthawk app on your Android or iOS mobile device for updating the firmware on your Netgear Nighthawk XR500 gaming router.
- You may be prompted to enter your Netgear Nighthawk XR500 gaming router admin user name and password just like you input Netgear router default login credentials via routerlogin.net login.
- Keeping in mind that the username and password are case-sensitive, enter the default Netgear Nighthawk XR500 gaming router login credentials as mentioned on the router label and pre-set on all the Netgear routers by default.
- The Netgear Nighthawk XR500 gaming router dashboard gets displayed to access the router settings for the firmware updates to happen.
- Tap on the image of your Netgear Nighthawk XR500 gaming router.
- You will reach the router settings page of your Netgear Nighthawk XR500 gaming router.
- On the Netgear Nighthawk XR500 gaming router’s Router Settings page, scroll down and tap on Check for Updates option.
- If a new firmware version is available for your Netgear Nighthawk XR500 gaming router as it will be displayed, tap on the Update option to begin the firmware update.
- The firmware will then automatically be updated within a fraction of seconds and the Netgear Nighthawk XR500 gaming router will reboot on its own completing the firmware update process on the XR500 gaming router.
Make sure not to interrupt or interfere with the proceedings while the firmware update process is going on for avoiding any risk or damage to the router and the firmware file.