Manually upgrade your Netgear Nighthawk XR700 router’s firmware using the routerlogin.net web address for Netgear router login to access its settings for firmware update following the steps mentioned here:
For the manual upgrade of XR700 router, it is required to download the firmware for your NetgearXR700 router from the NETGEAR official website or Download Centre as a zipped file and save it to your computer desktop, but you will have to unzip the firmware version file for uploading the firmware on your router.
Note: You must download the correct firmware version file which should be ending with .img or .chk extension.
Steps for Netgear router login to enter the router’s dashboard for a firmware update:
- Open a web browser on your computer that is connected to the Netgear XR700 router’s wireless network using wired cable connections over an Ethernet cable for firmware update on NetgearXR700 router.
Note: Avoid using a computer that is connected wirelessly to the Netgear XR700 router to upload the recent firmware version file as a wireless connection during a firmware update process might corrupt the NetgearXR700 router’s firmware, rendering it unusable.
- Enter default Netgear router login web address www.routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com to enter the NetgearXR700 router login page.
- The login page for Netgear Nighthawk XR700 router login will pop up.
- Enter the default netgearXR700 router login user name and password which is admin and password by default to enter the router’s basic home setup page.
- The basic home setup screen will get opened following routerlogin.net login.
- Select the ADVANCED option on the home screen and then choose the Administration option.
- Click on the Firmware Update or Router Update button depending on the Netgear router models.
- For performing a manual firmware update on Netgear XR700 router, click on Choose File or Browse option to allow the selection of the downloaded firmware file.
- Look for the saved file on the desktop and highlight this unzipped firmware file and click Open and then select Upload.
- Following the upload, the firmware update process on the NetgearNighthawk XR700 gaming router will begin.
Note: it is recommended not to interrupt the firmware update for the Netgear XR700 router upgrade as this has the risk of corrupting the firmware version file which will also make your Netgear XR700 router unusable.
- Your Netgear XR700 router will then reboot after the firmware is uploaded successfully without any interruption.
In case the Netgear XR700 router does not reboot following routerlogin.net firmware upgrade, check the Router Status page for confirming that the new firmware version file has been uploaded completely.