During the Netgear X10 process, one of the prominent things is to connect your router to the Internet. As long as your device is not connected to nearby Wi-Fi, you cannot be able to perform the setup process of your Netgear Router. The user cannot use a Static IP address if he wants his router connected to the network through a wired or Wi-Fi connection. Most of the Experts usually recommend having a Wired connection while performing the Netgear Router setup method, as this type of connection is considered more reliable than any other connection.
Steps to setup and install your Netgear X10 AD7200 Wi-Fi router
- After unpacking your router and all other wires and cable along with it, you need to connect its power adapter to a nearby socket.
- Turn on the power button and make sure that your router is receiving power. Check the Power LED of your router that usually resides on the front panel of your Netgear Router.
- Now, take an Ethernet cable and connect one end to the Ethernet port of your desktop and another end to one of the LAN port of your router.
- As soon as your computer gets connected to the nearby network, you will get notified through a notification that an Ethernet cable is connected to your computer.
- Now, turn on the Wi-Fi of your computer. Check the Wi-Fi network around you and select that network, the name of which is resided on the router’s label.
- Connect to that Wi-Fi network using the Wi-Fi password which is also mentioned on the router’s label. As soon as you type down the Wi-Fi password on the password field and click on the connect tab, your device will get connected to that Wi-Fi network.
- Now, open a browser on your computer and type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar of the browser. The menu dashboard of your Netgear Router appears on the screen.
- In case, if it’s the first time you set up a Wi-Fi connection in your router, the browser directs you to the Internet connection page. If you have already set up an internet connection on your router, you need to follow the former method.
- Follow the instructions on your screen and your router gets connected to the Internet.
- Now, login to your router through the Netgear Router login page using the default credentials.
- Type “admin” on the username field and “password” on the password field as the default credentials of the login screen.
- Click on the login tab, the homepage of your device appears on the screen.
- Go to the Advanced tab, click on the Setup Wizard tab.
- Setup Wizard page displays on your screen.
- Follow all the instructions and perform the configurations according to your requirements.
- While configuring the Wireless page of your router, make sure that the Wi-Fi password of your router should be different than your router password. Router password will be applied on the Netgear Router login page and the Wi-Fi password will be applied while connecting your router to the Internet.
- After performing all the configuration, click on the Finish button and you will be done with the Netgear router setup process.
How to Login to your Netgear X10 AD7200 Wi-Fi Router?
If you are performing the setup process for the first time, you don’t need to perform the login process but if you already have performed the setup process, then you need to login to your Netgear AD7200 Wi-Fi router. Every user must perform the Netgear router login process to get to the home page of the routerlogin.net
Steps to login to your Netgear X10 AD7200 Wi-Fi router
- Launch a browser in your computer device connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Enter www.routerlogin.net in the address bar of your browser. You also can type the LAN IP address of your router. The IP address of the Netgear Router is 192.168.1.1
- Hit enter and Netgear Router login page appear on the screen.
- Type “admin” on the username field and mention the password you assigned while performing the Netgear router setup process. If you haven’t changed the default password yet. Type “password” on the password field. Both the credential field of the login screen is case-sensitive.
- Click on the login button and the basic home page of the routerlogin.net appears on the screen.